Wednesday, May 1, 2013


Arsenal SAM7K upgrade work (Part 3).


This is the third part of an article that covers the gunsmith work done by The AK Files member islandfocus2 on his Arsenal SAM7K milled AK pistol.  His work included removing and replacing the front sight block and fake booster and replacing it with a threaded, functioning version.  He also shortened and crowned the barrel.



Now, it's time to replace the top cover!  Use a Dremel to smooth out only one end of the pin.













Carefully punch the pin out.













Re-drill the center part of the pin if the pin is long enough to reuse.













Insert the pin back and use a punch to form a mushroom to prevent the pin from coming off.  The new cover is now installed!















Let's install the CNC Warrior (US Made) Bulgarian style 4 piece Flash Hider!

























She's done! OH YEAH!!!  Here's the after picture with all that's been replaced and done!! 














Let's take her to the range!  This is at 25 yards.. Had to sit down to sight the SAM7K. It only took me 5 rounds to sight it in. After that, I shot standing at 25 & 30 yards.  This is at 25 yards standing using a 2 point sling to rest my cheek. As you can see no keyholing!  Yeah!





This one is at 30 yards standing.. (TOP LEFT TARGET) As you can see, it still shoots pretty good. Still using a 2 point sling as a cheek rest. Of course I'd prefer a side folder. Until, WA State allows SBR's, I'll settle with the pistol version. I'm still pretty happy with it.













 I shot at 60 & 70 yards with no problems. No keyholing what so ever. I've attached several pictures below. I start to get a little shaky at 50 yards. It be nice to have a triangle butt stock for better stability rather than using a 3 point sling. Other than that, I think I did OK in hitting the targets.
























Final results…Very happy!







































Parts info and links:

The 4 piece Bulgarian FH (US MADE) I bought from CNC Warrior. It's the 24x1.5 RH threads. K-Var carries the Original Bulgairan one at $102 vs. the US Made from CNC Warrior at $85. They are both identical. I'm happy with the US Made from CNC Warrior. Very high quality. 

Here's the website:


For the FSB & Top Cover is from K-Var.



As for the Bulgarian Hand Guards. I bought those at GunBroker for $46 total including S/H



No comments:

Post a Comment